PHP Markdown

Jason Kitcat jeep at j-dom.org
Wed Mar 31 03:46:59 EST 2004

Lou Quillio <public at quillio.com> said on 31/3/04:
>On Mar 31, 2004, at 1:47 AM, John Gruber wrote:
>> Fantastic! This is just great. [michelf's php-port]
>
>Michel's port has been moving toward a pMachine/EE plugin since
>Saturday as well.  Bravo!

Does anyone else find that PHP-Markdown chokes on un-escapes square
brackets where as Markdown "Classic" doesn't? (or am I doing something
wrong?)

e.g.

Some big news [View article [PDF]][1]

[1]: http://www.site.com/file.pdf

Works fine in Markdown "Classic" but PHP-Markdown doesn't parse it. The
only way I can get it to work is explicitly escaping the square
brackets:

Some big news [View article \[PDF\]][1]

[1]: http://www.site.com/file.pdf

Jason

 + Jason Kitcat
    e-government & e-democracy expert

 + www.j-dom.org
 + 44 (0) 7956 886 508

 NEW on the free e-democracy project!
 + Endorse our resolution on voter-verifiable e-voting
 + www.free-project.org/resolution/