Preview error with only Markdown

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Sun May 2 02:10:20 EDT 2004

Jay Allen <markdown at openwire.com> wrote on 05/01/04 at 9:21a:

> First for the good news: INS and DEL work perfectly now in all of my
> tests, both in block-level and inline context.  Thanks John!

Glad to hear it.

> SUMMARY: There is a consistently reproducible problem with entry
> previewing using Markdown (1.0b5) and MT 3.0b2.  It DOES NOT happen
> using Markdown 1.0b4 or "Markdown and SmartyPants".
>
> FULL REPORT:  When I preview an entry using MT 3.0b2 and Markdown
> 1.0b5, I get the following consistently reproducible error:

>  > Unknown or unmatched TMPL construct at
>  >/home/j/www.jayallen.org/cgi/mtbeta/tmpl/cms/preview_entry.tmpl : line
> 1.
>  >at /home/j/www.jayallen.org/cgi/mtbeta/extlib/HTML/Template.pm line
> 2076.

Hrm. I did make some changes to the MT interface for the 'Markdown'
filter between b4 and b5, and so I suppose that's what's causing the
hiccup.

It's going to be hard for me to track down, because I'm not an MT 3
tester.

Do you happen to know if this was a problem using 3.0b1 (or earlier
dev releases)?