[ANN] PHP Markdown 1.0b5

Brett Bonfield aboycalled3 at myrealbox.com
Wed May 19 08:16:51 EDT 2004

Sorry for picking up this thread a couple of weeks late, but I didn't
find the list until now. To refresh everyone's memory, there was some
discussion of packaging PHP Markdown as a PHP class. Matt Mullenweg
pointed out:

1. A PHP Class might make maintainability/keeping up with John's changes
more difficult.

2. It works well as is with WordPress.

Matt has a great point with #1, and I always hesitate before asking
programmers, especially volunteers who are sharing their work, to take
on tasks that are beyond my ability. However, while WordPress is a great
and important piece of software, packaging PHP Markdown as a PHP class
would allow it to integrate well into Whisper ( http://whisper.cx )
which, along with WordPress and Textile, is one of the three really
exciting new site engines now available.

Both Michel and Lou mentioned having worked PHP Markdown into a PHP
class. I'd love to see if this class could work in Whisper.

Thanks,

Brett