Segmentation Fault with Markdown

Jonathan Ploudre jploudre at fastmail.fm
Fri May 21 22:39:20 EDT 2004

I've been using Markdown for a website I'm getting ready to roll out
for some non-technical physicians at my family practice residency. I
was running into problems with static rendering on blosxom that I've
tracked to Markdown 1.0b4.

It's been a while since I've been on this list. I downloaded all the
archives and can't find a mention of other people having segmentation
faults. I'm running it on perl 5.6.0 on AIX. When I ran blosxom with
the perl -w command, it would crash only if Markdown 1.0b4 was enabled.

I got an error that said:

======================
  Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/hw55/d57/tacmed/admin/blosxomplugins/Markdown line 222.
======================

I just downloaded 1.0b5 and it seems to work. Odd, that, the line that
gives the error on b4 looks unchanged to me. Version b5 gives me the
following error:

Malformed UTF-8 character at
/hw55/d57/tacmed/admin/blosxomplugins/Markdown line 1130.

Anybody have ideas about whether that is a real error -- even though my
personal setup seems to work right now?

Jonathan