[ANN] PHP Markdown 1.0.1b5

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Nov 30 11:43:46 EST 2004

Hi everyone.

This is to announce PHP Markdown version 1.0.1b5, it has the changes of
[Perl] Markdown version 1.0.1b4 and 1.0.1b5 combined.

<http://www.michelf.com/docs/projets/php-markdown-1.0.1b5.zip>

Changes notes:

+	Fixed bug where auto-links were being processed within code spans:

		like this: `<http://example.com/>`

	The fix was to move `_DoAutoLinks()` from `_RunBlockGamut()` to
	`_RunSpanGamut()`.

+	Sort-of fixed a bug where lines in the middle of hard-wrapped
	paragraphs, which lines look like the start of a list item,
	would accidentally trigger the creation of a list. E.g. a
	paragraph that looked like this:

		I recommend upgrading to version
		8. Oops, now this line is treated
		as a sub-list.

	This is fixed for top-level lists, but it can still happen for
	sub-lists. E.g., the following list item will not be parsed
	properly:

		+	I recommend upgrading to version
			8. Oops, now this line is treated
			as a sub-list.

	Given Markdown's list-creation rules, I'm not sure this can
	be fixed.

+	Standalone HTML comments are now handled; previously, they'd get
	wrapped in a spurious `<p>` tag.

+	Fix for horizontal rules preceded by 2 or 3 spaces.

+	Changed special case pattern for hashing `<hr>` tags in
	`_HashHTMLBlocks()` so that they must occur within three spaces
	of left margin. (With 4 spaces or a tab, they should be
	code blocks, but weren't before this fix.)

+	Auto-linked email address can now optionally contain
	a 'mailto:' protocol. I.e. these are equivalent:

		<mailto:user at example.com>
		<user at example.com>

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com