[ANN] Markdown.pl 1.0.1b5

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Tue Nov 30 01:09:59 EST 2004

Weeks pass with no new betas, and now, two in one night. So it goes.

  <http://daringfireball.net/projects/downloads/Markdown_1.0.1b5.zip>

I made a few minor code cleanups (like removing variables that weren't actually used) and added one more bug fix:

    +   Fixed bug where auto-links were being processed within code spans:

            like this: `<http://example.com/>`

        The fix was to move _DoAutoLinks() from _RunBlockGamut() to
        _RunSpanGamut().

I think this fix is relatively harmless. In fact, I don't understand
why I ever put the call to _DoAutoLinks() anywhere else in the first
place.

Feel free to report any problems to the list or to me privately.