A few strange behaviours or bugs?

Jim Byrne jim at glasgowwestend.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 14:52:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been discussed before - this is my first post to the
list - so I've missed prior discussion.

A few strange bugs I've came across while using Markdown on the GAWDS
website CMS:

The DTD is XHTML Strict: to validate blockquote requires an additional block
level element around content, e.g.,

This bugs seems to confuse PHP Markdown and it adds additional paragraph
tags. If I leave absolutely no space between all my tags I seem to be able
to get around it. There is an example of this bug on the home page:
http://www.gawds.org/.

Markdown adds additional paragraph tags in some of the other pages, e.g., at
the foot of the content in these pages (i.e., just prior to comment form):

http://www.gawds.org/show.php?contentid=97
http://www.gawds.org/show.php?contentid=98

In the second example paragraphs are added either side of a closing div -
weird.

I'm not sure exactly what is triggering it on these pages - could be the
definition list tags or horizontal rules?

All the best,
Jim
p.s. Thanks for the scripts. :-)

--
New ebook: How To Create Accessible PDFs with Adobe Acrobat 6
http://www.scotconnect.com/pdfs/accesspdfs.php

New free eBook: 'Accessible Web Typography - an introduction for web
designers' at http://www.scotconnect.com/webtypography/

Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End: http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk
Flathunting: http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/flathunting/