testing python-markdown

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Fri Aug 12 03:26:52 EDT 2005

* Yuri T. <qaramazov at gmail.com> [2005-08-12 08:05]:

> I was wondering, however, if there is a good testing framework

> that I could use to check what exactly the discrepancies are.

You are looking for [the test suite][1].

[1]: http://daringfireball.net/projects/downloads/MarkdownTest_1.0_2005-03-26.zip

> Python-markdown produces uses minidom to generate HTML, so it's

> hard to get it to agree with the perl implementation on a

> character-by-character basis and hence it would help to have a

> framework that can ignore meaninless whitespace.

Then you should probably try to `diff -w` the output with the
test cases. There’s also a number of [xmldiff][2], which says it
“normalizes” whitespace by default (probably means normalization
in the XML sense, ie trimming surrounding whitespace), which
may or may not work better for the purpose.

[2]: http://www.logilab.org/projects/xmldiff/

Regards,