testing python-markdown

Yuri T. qaramazov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 01:56:51 EDT 2005

I finally got around to add a few missing features to my python
implementation of markdown
(http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/), including
inline html and entities, which were the biggest things missing. Now
it's at a point where to the naked eye it seems to be fully compliant
with Markdown. I was wondering, however, if there is a good testing
framework that I could use to check what exactly the discrepancies
are. Python-markdown produces uses minidom to generate HTML, so it's
hard to get it to agree with the perl implementation on a
character-by-character basis and hence it would help to have a
framework that can ignore meaninless whitespace.

- yuri