Markdown & MySQL + Performance

Bart Claeys creativeskills.be at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:57:07 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm planning on using Markdown for a new portfolio website. It would
be used for adding/editing an online resume, but also for the forum.
Now my question is, should I store the Markdown code in the database
and convert it to HTML each time a page is requested? Or should I
convert the Markdown code to HTML and then store it in the database?

The difference between the resume and the forum is that the resume
must be editable all time. Forum replies are not editable once they
are submitted.

I wonder which impact on performance converting Markdown to HTML will
have. My pages are not cached, so for each piece of text the Markdown
function must be used... anyone have experience with this?

Thx, Barton

FYI: I'm new in this list. Sorry if I ask questions that have been
answered before. I didn't find a search option to search the archives.