Markdown & MySQL + Performance

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Sun Aug 14 20:55:17 EDT 2005

Bart Claeys <creativeskills.be at gmail.com> wrote on 08/14/05 at 9:57 pm:

> I wonder which impact on performance converting Markdown to HTML will

> have. My pages are not cached, so for each piece of text the Markdown

> function must be used... anyone have experience with this?

My thoughts on this:

http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2005-May/001235.html

and:

http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2005-May/001238.html

> FYI: I'm new in this list. Sorry if I ask questions that have been

> answered before. I didn't find a search option to search the archives.

There isn't one, unfortunately. But Google works pretty well if you
include "markdown-discuss" as one of your search terms. (This is a
very good and common question, by the way, so I should probably add
it to the FAQ. Oh, wait, there is no FAQ page yet...)