link soup

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Fri Aug 19 18:25:57 EDT 2005

On Aug 19, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Yuri T. wrote:

> Yeah, what _did_ get decided on footnotes? Is there basically an

> agreement that the [^foo] is the way to go?

>> For me its about coding

>> citations in papers. There are some particular conventions that will

>> probably need to be adhered to in terms of the style [^1] of the

>> citations in the output.

> I've also trying to figure out how to write papers in MD and get

> actual PDF output. Last year I tried running MD output through

> html2latex and then pdflatex, which basically works, except that you

> have to use latex for missing functionality, which is (1) footnotes,

> (2) bibliography. It would be nice to have a native solution for

> footnotes and bibliography.

> - yuri

I too am waiting for footnotes, but you might want to check out my
MultiMarkdown if you are interested in LaTeX... I welcome input and
suggestions - it's not a 100% finished product.

http://fletcher.freeshell.org/wiki/MultiMarkdown

F-

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the
Styrofoam cup -- they all die. So do we.
- Robert Fulgham