markupless tables

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Fri Dec 9 09:17:55 EST 2005

On Dec 8, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> It'd be cool if:

> Travis Fast 9

> Bitch | Lab 5

> Yoshie Furuhashi 5

> boddi satva 4

> rendered as a table. (For those with proportional-width fonts, the

> second column is aligned.)

How would you support tabs? I would propose that for this to be
useful, you would have to accept tabs, as well as spaces. Is there
truly a standard conversion (e.g. 4 spaces equals 1 tab) to allow you
to compare rows?

I agree it would be nice to have tables without dividers, but I think
it makes it harder to be certain that the table is being interpreted
properly...

Fletcher

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

Life doesn't cease to be funny when people die any more than it
ceases to be
serious when people laugh.
- G.B. Shaw