Ignoring <div> tags

Jonathan Ploudre jploudre at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 12 02:59:07 EST 2005

Hey All,

  I know that we've been talking a while class/id and other ways of
extending the syntax. It's been an issue for nearly as long as Markdown
has been around.

I'm implementing a website for my residency and I graduate in 6 months.
I'd love to have Markdown just ignore some divs in a template I'm
making. I don't have time to wait for the final syntax. And no one will
really care at my residency anyhow.

How can I hack Markdown to ignore divs? It seems like "sub
_HashHTMLBlocks" is the one I need to change.

Can anyone help?

Jonathan