Markdown not parsing correctly

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Jul 8 09:23:46 EDT 2005

I think the only way something like this can happen is if Markdown is
processed, then the tags are stripped. I would look in that direction.

(Are you using `<IMAGE_NOTES_CLEAN>` in your PixelPost template instead
of `<IMAGE_NOTES>`?)

* * *

> - using a computer with Japanese Windows (English Windows converted to

> Japanese)

Should be no problem as long as the character set is UTF-8 (this is
what you use on japanwindow.com).

> - my web host not supporting Markdown (I use Westhost)

Since you state in the [forum][] that you are using PHP 5.0.3, I don't
think this can be a problem.

[forum]:
http://www.pixelpost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1559&highlight=markdown

> - some part of Perl being missing (I have Perl 5.6 or something like

> that installed)

PHP Markdown doesn't use Perl at all. It's all PHP.

(I posted this to the forum as well.)

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/