Image syntax

Jelks Cabaniss jelks at jelks.nu
Wed Jul 27 17:14:54 EDT 2005

John Gruber wrote:

> And I now think that putting the URL to image itself last was a

> mistake. Images aren't like links, and I no longer understand why I

> thought their Markdown syntaxes should be so similar.

XLink treats any external resource as a link. Images, web pages, stylesheets, etc.

What we're calling "links" here is a subset of those links, the kind you conciously click/select to "go there"; images (and external stylesheets) are another subset. See the XLink `show` and `actuate` attributes.[1]

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink11/#link-behaviors

/Jelks