Image syntax

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Jul 27 18:01:53 EDT 2005

Le 27 juil. 2005, à 11:45, John Gruber a écrit :

> The assumption here is that image URLs end with something like .png,

> .gif, .jpg, etc. It'd be easy to match those URLs. We could further

> specify that URLs need to begin with "http" or "/".

I don't think it is a good idea at all to depend on the URL. What about
future image formats? What about images created with cgi scripts? What
about content negotiation of images?

I think forcing a file extension in the syntax is pretty restrictive.
Even the URL for Daring Fireball's logo hasn't a file extension. :-)

http://daringfireball.net/graphics/logos/

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/