"Context-sensitivity" of headers

Lasar Liepins lasar at liepins.net
Sun Mar 13 18:05:05 EST 2005

Hello.

On 10. Mrz 2005, at 02:28 Uhr, Michel Fortin wrote:

> Nice, but I have the feeling that what I wrote last february to do
> exactly that is a little more efficient since it runs preg_replace
> only once. See this if you're interested:
>
> <http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2005-February/
> 001019.html>

I am indeed interested. I should have consulted the archives anyway.
Thanks for your input.

>> Also I'm not sure how options to change MarkDown's output fit into the
>> philosophy of MarkDown, since currently there are none.
>
> Well, there is one: it's used when you want Markdown to output HTML
> instead of XHTML. But I think that doesn't fall in the same category
> of option.

No, it's not really the same.

And I guess there's a lot that speaks for having no options for
changing MarkDown output. That way you _know_ what will come out. And
implementation into any kind of system is dead simple since you don't
have to manage settings. Just pipe it through.

Greetings,

_Lasar

--
_Lasar Liepins                     0: http://liepins.net/