Problems with incorporating markdown into a project

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun May 8 07:18:41 EDT 2005

So it works when you remove the quotes... hum... are you using PHP?

If you get your data from PHP, make sure you disable or work around
magic quotes. This "feature" of PHP is enabled on some servers and
automatically escapes quotes from incoming post and url data.

See this: <http://ca3.php.net/security.magicquotes.disabling>

Beside, Markdown normalize newlines at the very start of the script, so
different kinds of newline shouldn't be a problem.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/