Problems with incorporating markdown into a project

Andy Fragen lists at thefragens.com
Mon May 9 11:16:20 EDT 2005

Lou,

I did something exactly like this when creating a Markdown tool for
Radio UserLand. The performance issues are real, at least in Radio. I
store the raw markup and the rendered XHTML. Depending upon which
version is needed, that version is presented. In Radio, and I assume any
other db based CMS, it's certaining faster to return a value than to
continually re-render raw markup each time.

I would never store only the rendered XHTML because it doesn't allow as
much portability for export.

As for Textile/deTextile it sounds a lot like playing "telephone";
eventually the message will become distorted.

--
Andy Fragen