Emphasis with `_`

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue May 24 19:10:00 EDT 2005

There was a discussion about this back in december on this list. Since
then, I got many reports about erroneous emphasis in path names, urls,
and function names, all caused by a `_` character. The problem mostly
arise in Markdown-formatted comments, where the commenter is not that
much familiar with the Markdown syntax.

I don't have much to add to the discussion we had back then, but I want
to say my opinion on this now favour asymmetry between asterisks and
underscore as emphasis markers. *At least in a comment field.*

* * *

John any progress lately on Markdown 1.0.2? Things seems to be stalled
right now.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/