Emphasis with `_`

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue May 24 22:23:05 EDT 2005

* Rad Geek <technophilia at radgeek.com> [2005-05-25 03:05]:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 20:13:11 -0400, Kyle Maxwell
> <krmaxwell at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >In particular, IMHO if the URL is marked with angle brackets,
> >Markdown should disregard any underscores in it.
>
> Well, Markdown *already* does this.
> `<http://www.url.com/with_underscores_in_it>` converts to `<a
> href="http://www.url.com/with_underscores_in_it">http://www.url.com/with_underscores_in_it</a>`,
> at least in my local copy and in the current Markdown Dingus.

The funny part is, it recently <em>’d an angle-bracketed URL for
me, but now that I try to reproduce it, I can’t.

Maybe there’s bug somewhere where under some circumstances,
Markdown goes back to postprocess something and trips over
itself?

I wish I had known that it was such a corner case and made a note
of it.

Regards,
--
Aristotle