Emphasis with `_`

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Thu May 26 06:36:28 EDT 2005

A problem I just encountered with underscores and URLs has to do with
any underscores in an url like this:

here is a [link](http://www.domain.com/my_web_file.html)

markdown makes the 'web' italic and eliminates the underscores.

On May 24, 2005, at 8:55 PM, Rad Geek wrote:

> Well, Markdown *already* does this. `<http://www.url.com/
> with_underscores_in_it>` converts to `<a href="http://www.url.com/
> with_underscores_in_it">http://www.url.com/with_underscores_in_it</
> a>`, at least in my local copy and in the current Markdown Dingus.

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

"Oftentimes what I try to say in Washington gets filtered and
sometimes my words in Washington don't exactly translate directly to
the people."

-George W. Bush, Kalamazoo, MI, Mar 27, 2001

http://www.bushorchimp.com/
http://www.liberaloasis.com/bushin41point2.htm