Smarty Pants: More Unicode Characters

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Sun Nov 6 11:17:32 EST 2005

On Nov 5, 2005, at 7:46 PM, Alastair wrote:

> However it should be noted that some of the unicode substitutes do

> not have glyphs in the default Windows font set, and/or may not be

> viewable in IE due to the extremely broken way that it selects

> glyphs for display.

[snip]

> What may be needed is a set of profiles, each one describing the

> set of unicode substitutions that are safe for the target audience,

> (eg Windows/IE, Windows/Firefox, etc) and allow a configurable

> selection of profile.

The more that breaks in IE, the better for web, no? ;-)

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

"I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington,
obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely
to succeed with success as opposed to failure."

-George W. Bush, AP interview, Jan 18, 2001

http://www.bushorchimp.com/