MultiMarkdown now supports tables

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Thu Nov 10 07:41:43 EST 2005

On Nov 10, 2005, at 7:10 AM, Michel Fortin wrote:
<snip>

>> To set alignment, you can use a colon to designate left or right

>> alignment, or a colon at each end to designate center alignment,

>> as above. **If no colon is present, default is left alignment.**

> (emphasis mine)

> Which is partially wrong. If no colon is present (or more

> generally, if you're omitting the `align` attribute), *default text

> directionality* is used. For English, and other western languages,

> this means left-aligned, but for Arabic or Hebrew it will be right-

> aligned. Just add a `dir="rtl"` in the body of your page or

> directly on the table and you will see.

No - actually it's right. If there is no colon, "align=left" is
added, which makes it left alignment. I can change the code such
that this is not the case (I had not thought about right-to-left
languages, and had written this with my html2latex XSLT in mind.) I
do agree that this is not the behavior you chose for PHP Markdown Extra.

I'll look into this some more, and it would be trivial to change how
MultiMarkdown behaves, I just need to change the XSLT to be
compatible. Thanks for bringing this up!

Fletcher

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency
to thank her.
- Anonymous