PHP 5 port of Markdown, plugin-based

Paul M Jones pmjones88 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 17:48:50 EDT 2006

On Aug 15, 2006, at 4:40 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:

> Le 15 août 2006 à 11:21, Paul M Jones a écrit :

>> First of all, thanks to John Gruber for the fantastic Markdown

>> syntax and parse/render system. Also, thanks to Michel Fortin for

>> his PHP 4 version of Markdown.

> I find your announcement a little misleading.

My apologies for poor wording, and I'm very sorry if I
unintentionally misled anyone.

> I'd rather describe what you did this way:

> * you took PHP Markdown's internal transformations and made tiny,

> plugable modules out of each of then, then created a full parser

> for the Solar framework using these modules;

> * you made the code E_STRICT-compilant within PHP 5;

> * you arranged the code and the comments to fit PEAR coding

> standards.

I think this is a fair and accurate assessment.

--

Paul M. Jones <http://paul-m-jones.com>

Solar: Simple Object Library and Application Repository
for PHP5. <http://solarphp.com>

Savant: The simple, elegant, and powerful solution for
templates in PHP. <http://phpsavant.com>