Doubt about standard syntax

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Dec 29 15:02:07 EST 2006

Le 2006-12-29 à 14:04, Waylan Limberg a écrit :

> Mostly. It depends on which implementation your using. Perl (the

> original) gets it right. Php wraps the blockquotes and headers in the

> paragraph (did I find a bug?) and python misses the blockquote

> completely but gets the header right.

That's a regression in PHP Markdown. If you look not so distantly in
the past (1.0.1c and beyond), the output was the same as in the Perl
version. You indeed found a bug I introduced while moving to the
object-oriented hash-everything architecture, thank you. Time for me
to add a test-case.

And while PHP Markdown use John's Perl implementation as a reference,
that doesn't necessarily mean that's the right thing to do. But until
that changes, I'll probably follow what is done in Perl for the sake
of compatibility.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/