Block quotes with a blank line between them get merged

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 20 00:40:22 EDT 2006

A. Pagaltzis wrote:

> Editors with smart autoindenting support generally make it *more*

> annoying to work with whitespace-only lines, not less. Which is

> a feature.

I was actually referring to editors with smart syntax highlighting (and
mostly tongue-in-cheek, as I don't mean to offend those who use inferior
editors). But I completely disagree with you. In general, we want to
have whitespace-only lines continue at the same level, for instance in
code blocks, so we don't have to type out all those spaces each time.