Bug: Code block after list

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Aug 4 08:39:23 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, 04. August 2007 schrieb Lou Quillio:

> Michel Fortin wrote:

> > it is necessary to interpret indented content after a list item as the

> > continuation of the content of that particular item.

> Ack! Of course. Didn't see it because my actual case is a lot more

> complicated.

> Less-liberal list indenting would be bad, so the only solution is to

> insert _something_, and an HTML comment is the most innocuous thing.

> Okay. I get it.

> I wonder if an **optional**, explicit delimiter for code blocks

> would be so bad. The four-space indent is fine, but it's not

> _great_. It sometimes feels ... fragile.

> When composing email I nearly always bracket a code block with some

> kind of visual line, top and bottom.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> I am preformatted {

> don't interpret me;

> }

> Everything in here is to be

> taken ****literally****.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Block start, block end. No guessing.

> LQ

This was already discussed in great detail. Afaik the result was just to use
HTML. So instead of writing all these `~`, just do this:

<pre><code>
I am preformatted {
don't interpret me;
}
Everything in here is to be
taken ****literally****.
</code></pre>

If I'm mistaken and this was not the proposed solution, please point it out.
--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de