[ANN] PHP Markdown 1.0.1h & Extra 1.1.4

Allan Odgaard 29mtuz102 at sneakemail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:26:50 EDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Michel Fortin wrote:

> [...] I'm sensible to the idea of having a way to do automatic

> updates. Someone asked me recently for a PHP Markdown package

> suitable for the PEAR installer; would that be helpful?

I am not familiar with this installer, I will look at it when I get
back to my normal work environment (in ~2 weeks) and follow up if I
think it is horrible or not.

It does sound a bit involved to use some PHP installer system to
basically just update one file -- one advantage with the subversion
(or similar version controlled system) is that it allows us to easily
see exactly what got changed and to have local modification done to
the file and still do easy graceful updates. The PEAR installer
system would not allow for this.