Make --html4tags the default?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed May 2 18:29:19 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 02. Mai 2007 schrieb Yuri Takhteyev:

> According to the document cited by Allan, "<br />" and "<hr />" are

> not valid HTML4 tags. I believe this is true.

Validate the following document:
http://milianw.de/misc/empty_tags.html

The spec says: Start tag: required, End tag: forbidden
An end tag is something like "</a>" or similar. I can't find anything which
says that the above is not valid html 4.01.

> Whether it matters is

> a different question - most browsers seem to handle them fine when fed

> "HTML4" and there some benefits in having the documents be kind-of

> parsable as poor man's XML even if they don't fully conform to XHTML

> specifications.

Yes! I think it's a great to be able to use a simple xml parser for html
documents (it is far easier).
--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de