Flat code block syntax

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:48:02 EDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Lou Quillio <public at quillio.com> wrote:

> Michel Fortin wrote:

> > 3. Ignore the problem, stick with tilde alone. This obviously

> > isn't optimal for everyone, but perhaps there is simply no

> > solution that can be optimal for everyone.

> Perhaps not optimal for everyone, but I say stick with it.

> Citing code blocks is a deliberate operation, not

> stream-of-consciousness.

> While it's maybe a little awkward to generate `~` with some Latin

> keyboards, IMO those citing code blocks should be able to handle it.

> Others aren't affected.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Besides, this is a second alternate syntax.
The old indenting sytax will always work. If it is difficult to type a
few tildes, the only time I would imagine them being used is in those
few rare cases when one has two consecutive code blocks or a code
block immediately after a list, etc. Although I have the tilde handy
on my keyboard, I imagine those are the only times I'd be using it.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com