spaces and newlines before list markers (was: evolving the spec)

Thomas Nichols nichols7 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 15:31:03 EST 2008

Joseph Lorenzo Hall wrote on 2008/03/01 19:34:

> Is there any use case other than the copy and pasting example that

> gets you whitespace before a list item marker? Do people do this on

> purpose?

> best, Joe

I do. Which is probably a guarantee that it is outlandish and
uncivilised -- but I prefer it. I can possibly scrape together some
logical arguments when I have a brain that functions, but for me it's an
aesthetic reaction, an asterisk indented two spaces "feels right" to
start a list item. In much the same way, on a typewriter I would indent
the first line of a para.

-- Thomas