tables with Unicode box drawing characters?

Lou Quillio public at quillio.com
Thu Sep 10 19:43:02 EDT 2009

> However, I am still very fond of David Wheeler's proposal[1] for

> Markdown tables.  Are there any existing implementations of [1] at

> present?  If not, I will try to implement it as a preprocessor (as

> Waylan Limberg suggested) so that it can be used with any Markdown

> implementation:

If I understand the need, wouldn't an
HTML-tables->box-drawing-characters transformer -- implemented as a
post-processor in a Markdown stack -- be more straightforward, remove
any Markdown dependency and address more use cases? I can imagine a
wrapper element option, etc. (<pre>, for example).

There may be abusable code in projects like ELinks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELinks

LQ