Any way to get syntax-highlighted code blocks with Text::MultiMarkdown?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 23:12:51 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM, David Chambers
<david.chambers.05 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not familiar with Text::MultiMarkdown, but I can say that I've

> found google-code-prettify to be a good fit with Markdown due to the fact

> that it acts upon vanilla <pre> blocks (unlike SyntaxHighlighter, for

> example, which only acts upon elements with a particular class name.

David makes a good point. Although google-code-prettify is not the
only client-side (javascript) solution out there. I did a write-up
about such things a little while back. While that post does link to a
number of solutions, its a rather long post mostly about why I think
javascript solutions are the better choice, even if they don't (yet)
always offer better output.

[1]: http://achinghead.com/archive/88/syntax-highlighting-web/

--
----