Markdown development

David E. Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Sat Mar 20 18:01:54 EDT 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> What it’s not missing is big constructs. (I believe tables and

> definition lists can only be done badly, and so should not be

> done at all.)

Well, for some definition of “badly,” I suppose. I'm pretty happy with MMD definition lists (with s/:/~/g), and with psql-style tables (mostly implemented in [Markdent::Dialect::Theory](http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Markdent::Dialect::Theory). I find them both esthetically pleasing. I suppose it'd be for another thread to discuss the downsides you see, so feel free to ignore me.

Best,

David