let's get this established, one way or the other, once and for all

Seumas Mac Uilleachan seumas at idirect.ca
Sun Dec 4 19:45:57 EST 2011

First off, I did not "trot out a one-line post" to put you in check. I
subscribed to this list to keep up-to-date on the world of markdown.
Like David, I too find the discussions about markdown parsers
interesting. Unfortunately I usually have little to add to them because
I am not a programmer. Your post however was a rambling soliloquy on the
advantages of using blank lines for markup because it apparently doesn't
confuse the users. That type of markup is very prevalent in your z.e.n.
system (yes, I have looked at it), but is limited in markdown. So I was
confused about what the relevance to markdown was. You continually do go
on about this using blank lines but that is not something that will be
incorporated into markdown as you envision it. Thus, as a user, I was
confused, which you claim to want to avoid.

Since you don't seem to want to enlighten me on the relevance of this to
markdown I guess I will just remain confused, and since of late the
majority of the discussions on this list seem to be centered around
either your ramblings on using blank lines or on the state of affairs
for markdown on the app store (presumably that has something to do with
the Mac), neither of which interests me, I will just resign from the
list and let you win. Yay you.