Markdown-Discuss Digest, Vol 97, Issue 6

Benoit Perdu - TransMékong benoit at transmekong.com
Tue May 10 22:08:53 EDT 2011

True, this is no prose, and true too there is no code yet, but I
appreciate the effort,
as someone who tries to get a herd of writers with some tabular data to
include the data
in the text.

The alternative being, in fact, as heavy as implementing a database
repository for the
tables and including ugly imports in the markdown text.

For now, I am using Michel Frotin's PHP Markdown Extra, which does the
simple tricks but
indeed still leaves me hungry.

I am turning towards Python/Django for further developments, but still
am running some
PHP for the sake of Markdown tables alone. A unified specification that
could be agreed
upon would make it easier for us to know where to head our arrows. In
that sense, I
agree with David for the need of some, even stub, implementation.

Ben

[David Parsons wrote]