An Observation

David Parsons orc at pell.portland.or.us
Mon May 16 23:16:25 EDT 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 7:42 PM, Seumas Mac Uilleachan wrote:

> On 16/05/11 10:18 PM, Dr. Drang wrote:

>> A bit of Kremlinology: [...]

>> lol

> A) The rules produce inconsistent results.

In rare edge conditions, yes. But the operative word here is
*rare*; if they happened all the time, people would be screaming
much more loudly that they are now (and, really, it seems that a
lot of the complaints about Mr. Gruber not continually futzing with
the language is coming from the obnoxious open source belief that
if people aren't continually tweaking the code it's dead.)

As an implementer, I'm *very* happy that the language has become
stable; this means I get to spend my coding time fixing bugs instead
of chasing the latest "I got bored, so I rewrote everything" release.
(something I can't say for some of the extensions I try to support,
which have silently morphed since I copied them.)

-david parsons