maybe a year ago, but not today

Andy Lee aglee at mac.com
Thu Oct 20 14:42:55 EDT 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 1:37 PM, Bowerbird at aol.com wrote:

> none of you has shown that you understand the immensity

> of having an on-the-fly display while a person is writing...

> (i knew it'd be important, so i programmed it for myself,

> but it was only _using_ it that i learned it was _immense_.

> so my saying that you don't understand it isn't an insult.)

I hadn't thought of it as "immense", but I often edit Markdown documents with Jonathan Rentzsch's MarkdownLive (actually a slightly tweaked fork thereof). As completely basic as it is, I strongly prefer it over a plain text editor, even one that syntax-highlights. MarsEdit's live preview is pretty huge too.

I know a lot more great Markdown options have become available, just haven't gotten around to exploring them.

--Andy