Definition list as image caption

Jakob JakoV at gmx.at
Sat Jun 23 10:18:40 EDT 2012

> Not at all. If we want to allow anything inside a figure element (as HTML5

> permits), then all we have to do is force the figure content to be

> indented. You could even nest figures that way.

*That's maybe even better!* So the syntax would be just the inversion of my proposal: Instead of figure => caption you have caption => figure. This makes a lot more sense.

However, would we still be able to have multi-paragraph captions?

> Now, just make the leading "!" and indentation optional for an image and

> you get this:

> [[ Figure 1: A simple image ]]

> ![image_alt](image_url "image title")

The only problem with this would be that *every* image would get a figure. However i think `! ![image_alt](image_url "image title")` would do the job just fine: so only the indent would be optional.