Re: Flexible Markdown Parser

Andrei Fangli andrei_fangli at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 06:34:45 EDT 2014

Hello again,

I’m happy to announce that I have a working parser fully based on regex and a default implementation for Markdown based on Gruber’s Markdown 1.0.1 (Dec 2004) specification. The only thing I could not figure out is the blank line between list items to generate a paragraph in the list item instead of plain text (that is very ambiguous to me and sounds a bit odd) and instead I decided that all list items cannot contain plain text (a very simple approach, I know).

A preview site is up and running: http://www.markdownparser.development.andrei15193.ro/

Critics and comments are welcomed.

PS: can someone point me to some test suites you use? I would like more test cases (the ones I wrote are really rudimentary). Also big documents for performance testing would be nice.

Andrei Fangli