september is still the cruelest month

ubi de feo ubi at hellosavants.com
Mon Sep 29 12:43:39 EDT 2014

first thing first:
shouldn't this be moved to some other mailing list?
I guess Markdown purists (is there such a thing?) may be annoyed.
I'm fine with it ;)

I think it's interesting, but I don't know how I feel about having to add a ">" (which by your convention is a placeholder for [space]>[space]) for every line.
what if the block-quote text is not poetry?
assume I have to quote

“What Des-Cartes did was a good step. You have added much several ways, & especially in taking the colours of thin plates into philosophical consideration. If I have seen further it is by standing on the sholders of Giants.”

how would I go about adding a carriage return?
would I have to decide where to split?

in MD I simply add a > and the block is created.
is there a short-hand for doing this?

really appreciating you sharing this effort

ciao.ubi