Auto Transform Text

max hilmer mhilmer at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 07:30:50 EST 2015

I would really like to see a feature that auto transforms text written in markdown to WYSIWYG. So if you type *this* it will automatically make the markdown disappear and the word would then be emphasized. This feature is available on apps like Ulysses, Scrivener, and Macchiato, aka for apps focused on writing rather than programming. However I haven't found a way to incorporate this into my wordpress site -allowing all authors this feature.
Any valuable comments to this issue would be much appreciated, Sincerely,     Max Hilmer