Fixing Markdown Series @ Manuscripts News

James Smits james.smits at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:32:16 EDT 2017

Marty, any relation to Galen?

Dennis, I get what your saying about a version identifier, but it would be much more cost effective if the community agreed upon a standard (say, CommonMark, or whatever since it was proposed as such), and threw a big-fat-lint warning in front of whomever wrote non-conformant MarkDown.  Your solution puts the burden on the subscriber of a MarkDown blob (bit, squibble, rave, whatever you want to call it) to process it properly, while the burden should be on the publisher (assuming they want it to be consumed.)

I don't know. Without tangentially philosophizing politics for too long,maybe it's  technocrats' responsibility to spackle the cracks in human-relations.

In any event, if a MarkDown statement (?) could be passed around reliably via JSON or some other structure, then the "integrated" web we see today would at least bump a minor version number.

Jim

PS. As I write this, it occurred to me that this idea may target an outmoded form of Cumputer>Human interaction I.e. The keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone