[MCR] Rockies, Coirre Dubh and environs

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Apr 2 22:05:29 EDT 2010

A great day guiding in the Coirre Dubh amphitheatre today, April 2.
We climbed the ice of Coirre Dubh -the first pitch is getting
marginal and will not be long for this world once the sun pounds
again. Having said that we had good frozen conditions and no
rockfall. From the top of the ice we climbed the first 7 pitches of
"Doors of Perception". Classic alpinism today -big boots, no
crampons, and gloved hands -great fun. We did dry tool the "burly"
start to the 7th pitch. From the top of that pitch we traversed 150
meters right to finish up the huge right facing corner, at a more
moderate difficulty. This exit was originally shown to me by my
fellow guide, Grant Meekins, thusly we climbed "Coirre Doors of
Meekins". A fine outing.

www.barryblanchard.ca