[MCR] Ghost River rock and the Sorcerer

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Apr 2 18:35:36 EDT 2010

Good conditions in the ghost right now. A LOT of snow and ice is gone and the stone is DRY. There is probably some snow and ice in some gullies( eg the Phantom Crag/Bonanza descent gully) and in the shade but the walls look great. Most of the dirt slopes above the cliffs are dry. When it warms up the rock climbing will be good in a hurry.

Sorcerer was in REALLY good shape today and it stayed cool and breezy all day. I imagine it will disappear fast if and when it heats up. One small droopy cornice on top and no hanging death daggers as of 2pm. Lots of melted out Abalakov's and our screws were melting a bit in the am sun. As dangerous places go though, it felt good to be there today:)

Roads are in good shape too. Lots of potholes and a couple of big puddles on the main road. The big hill is good and there are currently no real river crossings to get to the Silver Tongue Devil crossing/parking.

Snowpack tests generally showed there to be no snowpack. Yippee!

Larry Stanier
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
laristan at telus.net