[MCR] EASTRIDGE EDITH CLAVELLE

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Aug 6 14:24:00 EDT 2010

Hi All:

Both Larry Stanier and I guided the east ridge on the 4th and a group of
Jasper Park Wardens heli climbed the upper section too. The route is overall
in good shape and mostly dry. We used crampons for about 40m early in the
morning on the ascent and walked cramponless on the descent. I would not
take them if I went again for the upper mountain however there is still a
lot of snow getting up to the initial col with the bivy corrals so crampons
may be useful to that level. Larry descended via the west ridge and I
returned via the east.

Cheers

James

James Blench