[MCR] Rockies, E Ridge Edith Cavell

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Aug 16 14:24:25 EDT 2010

Larry Stanier & I climbed the east ridge of Edith Cavell on Aug 14th with
three guests. With the previous days rain and a clear night the snow
patches were solidly frozen on the approach. The upper mountain had snow
and rime on the ledges but the sun had baked off any verglass on the steep
rock. We used crampons and an ice axe for a short section near the summit.
We descended the west ridge which has snow on the upper slopes.

Kirsten Knechtel
ACMG/ IFMGA Mountain Guide
chadandkir at telus.net