[MCR] Professor Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Dec 5 11:29:32 EST 2010

Climbed Professor Falls yesterday with a guest. I found Professor to be in tough conditions. The first half of the second pitch was aerated with an overhanging section and very hard to protect. Good screws were found half-way up the pitch. The walk to the last pitch with the lack of snow or debris was tedious among the rocks, however it is not that long. The last pitch was relatively wet, but good ice to about 10 meters from the top where it turned to about 30 cm of slush. I retreated before then, not feeling confident in my tool placements.

Regards,
Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com